The medical education in PHILIPPINES is equivalent to the MD program which is alike MBBS of India and other commonwealth countries. The literacy rate in PHILIPPINES ranges to about 94%. More than 2000 Indian students seek for MBBS admission in PHILIPPINES every year.
The fundamental aspect of MBBS courses in PHILIPPINES is that the student to teacher ratio is 18:2 which let the students to discuss problem in subjects with the teachers.
PHILIPPINES is known for its (Innovative Technology + World-Class Infrastructure + global recognition + great medium of transportation & high-quality education).
“Students embracing hands with V-Education by creating more opportunities and taking them to a new level”
Why study MBBS from Philippines?
Many students have a dream of studying MBBS abroad. However, very few students can fulfill this dream. The Philippines provides these students with a golden opportunity to achieve their goals. The following reasons encourage students to complete their MBBS from the Philippines
- Much is closer to home than the university of other countries.
- Traveling to the Philippines is much easier than going to other countries.
- Visiting the Philippines is more economical than visiting other countries.
- The World Health Organisation approves the universities.
- Provides the student with a medical program that is recognized worldwide.
- English is spoken in the country, so communication is straightforward.
- Listed under the International Medical Education Directory and Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates.
- MCI approves universities.
- Students who have passed MBBS from the Philippines can practice in India as well.
- Students can appear for exams like the United States Medical Licensing Examination.
- About 8000 international students are admitted every year to the universities of the region.
- Uses up to date machinery in the laboratories.
- Universities meet global standards of education.
- The country is extremely safe for Indian students.
- Many doctors settled in different countries have passed from the University of the Philippines.
- The climate of the country is exceptionally favorable.
- Maintains an excellent student-teacher ratio.
- It contains the aspects of MBBS that are present in other parts of the world.
- Donation is not required in these universities.
- Provides practical training to the students.
- MBBS from these colleges can be done at affordable rates.
- The cost of living is quite favorable for Indian students.
- The education system of the Philippines is different from the ones followed in China or Europe.
- English is the medium of instruction in universities.
- Students doing MBBS in the Philippines can compete with students of the USA, Canada, and the UK.
- Students can direct admission in most of the universities.
Features of MBBS in Philippines
There are several features of MBBS in Philippines that attract Indian students. Some of these features include:
- Filipino is one of the languages used to provide instructions to the students
- English is the other language that is used as the medium of instruction. Most top colleges of the Philippines use English as the medium of instruction.
- Fees are much less than the expenses of private colleges in India.
- The education system provides theoretical, practical, technological education.
- Research videos and seminars are also used to provide education.
- The region also contains about 2299 higher educational institutes.
- There are about 40 medical colleges in the Philippines.
- Students visiting the archipelago for study have excellent infrastructure.
- A large percent of the international students of the Philippines are from India.
- The colleges may have their own separate rules. So students should analyze every college before taking admission
Essential Criteria to complete MBBS Philippines
Candidates should understand that all students can’t complete MBBS from the Philippines. They should meet some essential criteria to complete their course from the Asian Archipelago. The following are the main criteria that should be met by the students
- The student should have Science in the 12th standard. Additionally, he should have an aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- The criteria for SC, ST, or OBC students are slightly different. They should have an aggregate of 45% in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- They should have an age of 17 years or more.
- Their age should not be more than 25 years.
- The medium of instruction is English. So they should be able to understand English.
- They should have the fee to studyin these universities.
Before starting MBBS From Philippines
- MBBS session in the region starts in September.
- So students should start the application procedure two months before September.
- The MBBS Fees in the Philippines that is taken by the university providing theadmission.
- Every university provides some infrastructure and facilities. The student should develop an idea of these before joining the university.
- Age is an important criterion. Some universities might have their age criteria.
- Accommodation facilities provided by the university delivering Mbbs degree in the Philippines.
- Quality of flooding in the university.
- Cost of living in the region.
- The accreditation provided by Medical universities in the Philippines.
Recognition of Medical Universities of the Philippines
After completion of the MBBS course, the student has to practice his trade ultimately. It may occur that, for some reason, he is unable to practice in the Philippines. Under such a circumstance, he might have to practice in other countries. For this, he needs to know the organizations that have recognized the university. The following organizations recognize the universities of the Philippines:
- World Health Organization or WHO
- Medical Council of India or MCI
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates or ECFMG
- World Federation for Medical Education or WFME
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education & Research or FAIMER
Relevant Documents needed to Complete MBBS in Philippines
Only dreaming of MBBS in abroad is not enough for the students. Students dreaming of this should be able to submit the required documents as well. The following documents are essential for completing MBBS Philippines:
- Students should have the mark sheets of both Class 10 as well as 12.
- The Mbbs in Philippines for Indian students should keep the NEET Scorecard with themselves.
- They should also have a School Transfer Certificate.
- A medical checkup certificate is exceptionally essential.
- The student should also keep a no criminal record certificate with himself.
- The student should also keep a copy of the Passport.
- A bank statement of the guardian should be present. It should include the fee structure of the 1st year of medical education.
- The Code of Conduct Certificate must be present with the candidate.
- The student must also have the School leaving Certificate.
- Passport size photos are incredibly critical.
- The application form of the university must be present with the applicant.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Philippines
For completing the MBBS course, the student should first get admitted to the university. The following are the main steps involved in the admission procedure:
- The student needs to clear the National Medical Admission Test.
- Then he should fill up the online form correctly.
- Next, the Mbbs in Philippines for Indian students will receive an offer letter from the university.
- Next, the candidate should pay the course fee at the university.
- Birth certificate and the other mandatory certificates must be submitted to the concerned authority.
- This will allow the process for the VISA to start.
- The student will then be able to get the Student Visa. This will allow the students to study in the Philippines
- The student can then go to the Philippines and study there.
Essential information for MBBS in Philippines
This section will provide the students with some dates. These dates will be critical for them in the process of studying MBBS in the Philippines:
- Application Date: The students should apply forthe degree within June.
- Admission letter Date: Most of the students get admission letters within two weeks of application.
- Ministry and VISA approval: Generally, it takes about two months for a tourist VISA to be converted to a Student Visa.
- Course Commencement Date: The approximate date for starting of the course in most colleges is September or October.
Advantages of doing MBBS in Philippines
Philippines is a favored destination for MBBS of the Indian students. One of the primary reasons for this is the numerous advantages of the Mbbs course in the Philippines. The following are the main advantages of doing MBBS from the country:
- The country has a large patient base. So MBBS in Philippines for Indian students can easily practice in the region.
- Many restaurants in the region offer North Indian and South Indian food items.
- Most patients speak English. So students can easily understand their language.
- The people are quite agreeable and have equal respect for males and females. So female students should not face many problems.
- Students can do their internship in India.
- This helps them save a considerable amount of cost.
- WHO and MCI recognize the universities. So the students can appear for most exams conducted worldwide.
- Students with merit can get scholarships.
- These are extremely helpful toward both natural and international students.
- The universities provide different types of facilities to the students.
- The fee structure of the students is quite favorable.
- The country offers brilliant facilities to the students that have done MBBS in Philippines.
Language: The Philippines, once a colony of the USA, is the 3rd largest English-speaking country in the world. Thus, the experience of doing MBBS in the Philippines will be similar to studying in India or the USA, UK, Australia, etc.
Multicultural: The Philippines is a multicultural country. People there, specifically from big cities, are used to see and interact with foreigners regularly. It’s an international travel hotspot, also one of the busiest educational hubs in the world where students from all over the world come for quality education.
World-class education standard: Education in the Philippines follows the USA education system. It follows a 10+4 system, instead of the 10+2 system in India. Hence you have to go through a pre-medical course there, namely BS which is 10-18 months course depending on which university you’re joining before you can get enrolled in the four years medical course (MD).
United States Medical Exam Preparation: Philippines is one of the biggest contributors of doctors and nurses in the USA. The Philippines offer superior quality education; students who do MBBS in the Philippines are in high demand in countries like the USA, UK, etc. Students who pass from a medical college in the Philippines, have a much better chance of clearing USMLE than students from other countries.
Affordable: The overall course fee for five years MD course (sometimes up to 6 years depending on the college) is very affordable, we can safely say almost five times cheaper than the average cost of study medicine in a private medical college in India. Living cost in the Philippines is almost at par with any urban setup of India, making it a favorable choice for an Indian student.
Recognized Degree: Doctor of Medicine (MD) course in the Philippines, which is equivalent of the MBBS in India and other Commonwealth countries, is well recognized by WHO and Medical Council of India. Due to similar educational standard as the USA and high success rate in USMLE, doctors who have a medical degree from the Philippines are very well regarded all over the world.